Saturday, June 17, 2017

Entry 296: Paklis 1 Reviews


PAKLIS #1 is out and the response is positive.  I really had no idea what people would think of the first issue. It could have gone ether way in my mind. I'm glad it's going the way it has.

Issue 2 hits stores very soon. June 28 to be exact. I'm really happy with it. I think it's my best work.

If you haven't picked up issue 1 yet, see if you can find a copy and get on board for issue 2.

Here are some of the reviews so far:

Multiversity Comics Paklis  Review
"With three distinct stories, each as engaging and exciting as the last, “Paklis” #1 blows everything else off the shelves."

Comicosity Paklis Review
"...[Weaver] is a storytelling force to be reckoned with."

Bleeding Cool
"The First Page Of Dustin Weaver’s Paklis Is There To Screw With Your Head."

Nerdophiles Paklis Review
"Paklis #1 is a clear, uncut look at one of American comics’ most fascinating, idiosyncratic artists and that’s something that demands attention."
Talking Comicbook Paklis Review
"...[Paklis is] experimental, requiring some work from its reader, and really good."

Adventures In Poor Taste
"Paklis #1 feels like the indie corner of the comic shop has found its way onto the big stage."
Comic Buzz
"Paklis #1 is a great start for an Anthology book."
Paste Magazine
"Overall, this is an impressive first issue with consistently exquisite, ethereal art."

Blogged and 
blogged

4 comments:

  1. Hi , I just want to say how much I adore your work ! When I first looked through Paklis #1 , it took me a while to get used to the art but after I read it , I was completely blown away . Everything works so well together , your panels , colors and writing is sublime . What a work of art . Top of my pull list . Thank you so much for your hard work and passion .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Thank you, Bill! I'm glad it ultimately worked for you. You'll see as this series progresses there will be a lot of different art styles. I'll always be trying to match the look to the story.

      I hope you liked #2.

      Delete
    2. I haven't read #2 yet but I have them pre-ordered up to #5 :) I will eventually get around to it .

      Delete
  2. I am in love with your paklis freehand from the image blind box.. Can i please send you a blank cover so i can have my own? How can i do that?

    ReplyDelete