Sunday, October 19, 2014

Entry 251: Avengers #35

No Amnia Cycle this week. I've been busy on other things. Hopefully I'll be back on track next week. In the meantime, here's an entry about Avengers #35.

Since my work on Avengers and Infinity I've been trying to focus on Shield, Amnia Cycle, and my Edge of Spider-Verse issue, but there have been several instances of the editors of the Avengers comics asking me to come back to do stuff. I've been asked to do things from whole story arks to single covers. Most of these job offers I've turned down because I've wanted to stay focused on the things I mentioned above. But recently they asked me to do some fill in pages. It was only three pages, they seemed simple enough, and I felt bad for continually saying no. So I said yes.

The 3 pages were the first pages for Avengers #35 which came out a few weeks back.
Here are my pencils/"inks"


I was right in the middle of my Spider-verse issue when I did these. The pages were fairly easy. I didn't ink them. I did tight pencils then adjusted them and created all the space stuff in photoshop.  It didn't take to long, but the moment I was done I got an email from the Spider-verse editor wondering how my Spider-verse issue was going. Turns out, I thought I had more time on my spider-verse issue than I actually did.

These three pages took valuable time out of my Spider-verse issue. I met my deadline on the Edge of Spider-Verse issue, but it was not easy. I'll talk more about that in a different entry. Ultimately, I kind wish I hadn't taken on these pages… Oh well.

Here are my layouts followed by colors by Frank Martin.

Blogged and Blogged


No comments:

Post a Comment