Saturday, March 17, 2018

Entry 301: S.H.I.E.L.D. Update #8


The artwork for the last two issues of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been done since October 2014. Three and a half years ago.

The last issue to be published of S.H.I.E.L.D. was published February 2012. Six years ago.

And the series started June 2010. That's like eight years ago!



As Ripley says in Alien 3, "I'm glad Newt and Hicks are dead. I feel just fine about it."  WHAT no! She didn't say that. She said, "You've been in my life so long, I can't remember anything else." And that's like SHIELD for me. It's like the alien. Xenomorph, if you will.

Anyway, this May it finally comes to an end! Can you believe it?

First-- there will be S.H.I.E.L.D: Rebirth on MAY 2.
Rebirth collects issues 1-4 of volume 2. If you never read Volume 1 you'll wanna start with getting S.H.I.E.L.D. Architects of Forever.

Then-- S.H.I.E.L.D. #5 (vol2) on MAY 16

And the finale-- S.H.I.E.L.D. #6 (vol2) on MAY 30

(Once again, the amazing Gerald Parel on covers.)

Um hey, Shield, get the fucking fuck away from her you bitch! Is that the line from Aliens?

Here are some preview pages.


Blogged and blogged.

11 comments:

  1. This is the most exciting news I've read. Since I'm a fan of S.H.I.E.L.D. since the first issue was published, I can't wait to read the last two issues of this great adventure that began about eight years ago. I knew Marvel had to publish it some day. Thank you very much Dustin, many thanks to you and to Jonathan Hickman for bringing us this great story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, this is amazing news! And Hopefully not the last we'll see of Richards and Stark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He dies in the end. Everyone dies... Just kidding. No spoilers.

      Delete
  3. Will there be a final collection for vol 2 1-6? Before there was supposed to be human machine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Here's what there is to know about it so far S.H.I.E.L.D. The Human Machine Exciting stuff!

      Delete
    2. Awesome !!! Hope therell be a tpb soon as well :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for all the work you've done to get this series finished up and thanks for the progress updates over the years. I'm excited to finally get to see how this story ends.
    -Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude. I just read 5.... WHOA. Awesome as always. Can't wait to grab 6 tomorrow. Best to ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, 5 is... a lot. I hope you enjoyed 6

      Delete