Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Entry 236: The New Avengers 20 & 21 COVERS


Hellooooooo, readers!

How are you? How's it going? You know I feel like we never talk anymore. I'm posting Amnia Cycle pages so much these days I never take the time to post other things, and just get cazh. You know?

…Wait. is that how you abbreviate the word casual? "Cazh"? Is it Cajj? Damn it. It's hard to be so cazh when I'm fussing over the more casual spelling of the word casual.

Anyway. About the cover-- Doctor Strange done gone kilt them people.

Read more and see more--





This was my initial sketch for this cover. As is often the case, I like the sketch more than  the finished piece.

You might notice that the characters who appear to have been killed on this cover were the characters The New Avengers were fighting on the last covers. As seen Back in my blog Entry 223. So, I guess, spoilers.

And there are my inks.

How bout another?

This is kind of an unusual cover. Who is that shadow man?

By the way, Jason Keith on colors for both of these covers.

For this cover I initially had two ideas and, at the suggestion of editor, Tom Brevoort, I combined the two ideas.

And those combined into this.


Let's see. What else can I tell you about?

I'm currently in the middle of drawing the FINAL ISSUE OF S.H.I.E.L.D. I'll give you a peek at that very soon.

I think I'll also be doing some other non-Amnia related posts while I take a break from Amnia. But speaking of Amnia, there might be some news about a printed publication on the horizon. We'lll see.

Thanks for reading.
Blogged and blogged.

7 comments:

  1. Final issue of S.H.I.E.L.D?! Hell yes! Can't wait for that. Glad you guys are getting to finish that. I hope they do a nice collection of the whole thing once it's done. Really dig that 2nd cover, I can practically feel the destruction coming off the page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's really good to be doing this last issue of Shield. I'm trying to make it good. And yeah, the big collection, i'm guessing, will happen at some point.
      Thanks for the comment on the cover too.

      Delete
  2. Yes, finally some news of the final number of S.H.I.E.L.D !!! I can´t wait to see a preview.
    It´s shocking the cover, very according to the plot of new avengers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'll try to get a preview for the last issue up soon. I really don't want to spoil anything it it.

      Delete
  3. Speaking of covers, I have to compliment you on your effort for Shutter #1. Your cover was the one that received the most attention in my store. (Yeah, I may have pimped it a little harder than the others, but y'know...)
    Gotta run. FCBD is tomorrow & I have to prepare for the multitudes of people I'll only see once a year. ;D
    Are you doing a store signing for FCBD this year or are you sitting this one out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope FCBD went well for you, Frank. I actually wasn't asked to any stores. There were a few store that used to ask me each year but I turned them down a few years in a row and now I guess they've given up. I'm cool with it.
      Thanks for the complements on that cover! And thanks for pimping it, though I do wonder which cover the general comics audience was more interested in. I often think about how to judge art, how to gage the success of an image. I thought each of the Shutter covers were good but I wondered how they each went over with with fans.
      I've been meaning to get back to you after your email. I had wanted to get your thoughts on that Eric Stevenson speech at that ComicsPRO Meeting back in February. Did you read that?

      Delete