Sunday, February 16, 2014

Entry 221: Avengers AI cover


I was just updating my About Page. Have you guys ever checked out my About Page? If you haven't, you should. I have listed every single thing that I have ever worked on on there, and beside each thing I have provided a link to every blog entry having to do with that thing. It's the ultimate guid to my work and this blog.

So anyway, I was just updating it and I realized that I never did a blog entry about my variant cover to AVENGERS AI #1, which I did back in March of 2013. Like a year ago! So, here I am fixing that oversight. I may be a year late but, guys, check it out. I did a variant cover for AVENGERS AI #1.

Here's my sketch for this cover. As is the case most of the time, I think the sketch is the best version of the cover.

So the idea with Avengers AI is probably obvious. They are robotic artificial intelligences. It's a team of super androids. So I decided to create some kind of circuit board/inside a robot brain thing.

Here's a look at Marte Gracia's colors.

As far as I know this was the final color version of this cover, but I think they ended up using an earlier, less final, version when they printed it. I have no idea why, it was probably a mistake or a miscommunication. It's a shame because I like this version better than what was printed.

At any rate, here it is just for you, my readers.

Blogged and blogged
(now I can go update my About Page)

No comments:

Post a Comment