Thursday, July 14, 2011

Entry 121: New blog!

Welcome! to my new Internet home!
It'll take some getting used to, but I think it's going to do nicely.
I've moved everything over. It was an ordeal. I actually have a back log of posts I've wanted to do. So lets not waist any time. Let's just get to it.


Here's a piece I just did for the Periscope Studio sketch blog.
The subject for this week is Harry Potter.

I like Harry Potter. I've read books 4-7 and I'm looking forward to seeing the last movie. For me it's been good entertainment. But I never would have given any of it a chance if it wasn't for the Prisoner Of Azkaban movie. I guess it's where the story starts building into something bigger and gets more intriguing, but what really did it for me was the direction by Alfonso Cuaron. It's just a really great movie. The movies that have followed have been pretty good too, I especially liked Deathly Hallows Part 1, but for my money Prisoner of Azkaban is the best of the bunch. One of the best movies of it's kind. So, my piece is a tribute to that film.

These sketch challenge pieces are a lot of fun for me, and with each one I try something new. This piece was colored in a way that I've never colored before. There was no flatting done. I just rendered in gray tones and then threw some overlay layers on top of that. Also, the inking style is not something I to do to often.

Check out the other Periscope Sketch pieces here.

There you have it. First post of the new blog! I'll be putting up more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment